Upgrade 3.0.12 to 3.0.14

Upgrade 3.0.12 to 3.0.14

Postby hoser » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:04 pm

Your phpBB Version: 3.0.
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB (also called Vanilla or Olympus (phpBB3)
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner
Boardlink: [url]localhost[/url]

What changes, if any, did you make just before you noticed the problem ?
Followed the instructions here https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... #p14375931 everything seems to have worked fine for the upgrade with the exception my page header has changed the header I created was replaced with the standard PHPBB header with the description I have entered.

What have you already tried to solve the problem?

Description and Message
Getting ready to upgrade my live PHPBB installation I always try upgrades on my home PC using Uniserver http://www.uniformserver.com/ the whole upgrade went fine except for the header being changed the only thing I can think of is Uniserver is using PHP : 7.1.0 my site is running PHP 5.4 on the actual live server.

Currently trying to contact Uniserver and find out how to switch to a older version of PHP (switch to v5.4) I have the modules loaded but keep getting a Apache Failed to Start error.

Lumpy Burgertushie has always been 100% with his advice after seeing you had a V3 support site thought I would ask here :)

Thanks in advance and for the site.
hoser

Re: Upgrade 3.0.12 to 3.0.14

Postby Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:14 pm

It would probably be a good idea to change the php version on your uniserver setup so that your tests will work.

however, this has nothing to do with the problem with the logo etc. changing during the update.

You replaced all of the old files with new ones so the changes you made to the header etc. have been overwritten. You will need to apply those changes to the new set of files you have.

If your live site has those header changes etc. then let me have a link to your board and I can tell you exactly how to reproduce them in the new files.

let me know.

robert
Lumpy Burgertushie
Site Admin

Return to General Support