Postby methodius » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Your phpBB Version: 3.0.12
Your phpBB Type: Premodded phpBB
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner
Boardlink: http://www.kng-hq.mojkgb.com/forum/

PHP Version: 3.0.12
MySQL Version: 5.6.35

What changes, if any, did you make just before you noticed the problem ?
I haven't made any changes myself, but its possible that someone else made them without my knowing, or before I became a moderator on our board, which was just recently.

What have you already tried to solve the problem?
I tried to find the culprit inside the error_log, but nothing inside it made any sense to me since I'm an absolute beginner, without any knowledge of PHP in general. I've also tried Googling any term thats related to the problem I'm experiencing but got nothing.

Description and Message
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my board which happens when a user tries to send a PM to another user. Screen just goes white and nothing further happens. I don't get redirected to my inbox, as it should happen by default as I'm aware, and I have to press the "back" button in my browser. When using Firefox, in the address bar I always get: http://www.kng-hq.mojkgb.com/forum/ucp. ... ce1&p=6035 and when using IE i get 500 error.

Inspecting the error_log I see 40k+ PHP parse errors where most of them are syntax errors found in the queue.php file. When I open the queue.php file I see a notification generated by the board, that a user has received a PM sent by some other user. The first notification was logged in June 2014 and it is still being logged, like it is in the loop. Now, to me as an amateur, this doesn't look like it could affect the whole posting mechanism. To me, the problem I described, looks more like a messed up code in some of the .php files, but how am I to find out that.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated

Methodius
methodius

Return to General Support